The Spring 2022 LEARN Meeting will be in-person on Tuesday, April 12 from 2-4 p.m. at Indian Prairie Library in Darien.
In typing up the minutes for the LEARN meetings conducted via Zoom, I have noticed that some of the most interesting and helpful information is being exchanged through chat (basically through side conversations). I think this is great, and I want to see if we can replicate it in person at the spring meeting. So, this is how the meeting will go.
- We will break into small groups.
- A topic will be announced, like “How to market our services to patrons.”
- Each member of the group will share what they have tried, including successes and failures. (15-20 minutes)
- One member will be the recorder.
- After the time is up, the recorder will give a brief summary to the entire LEARN group.
- This will allow everyone to get a chance to speak and hopefully give people a chance to meet their peers.
- We will have a 20-minute break in the middle to give people a chance to talk on their own.
- We will reconvene with new small groups.
- The meeting will end with a tour of the newly renovated library (see Agenda below).
2:15 Small Groups (2 topics)
3:20 New Small Groups (1 topic)
3:45 Tour of Indian Prairie Library
Please let me know what topics you would like to discuss, otherwise we will hit all the basics (marketing, collection development, services like ESL conversation groups, citizenship, etc.)